How Long Do Braces Take To Straighten Teeth?
This is the first question that comes to our minds when we plan for dental braces. Right?
So, do not worry. Here we'll be discussing "How Long Do Braces Take To Straighten Teeth."
But before we start discussing the time required by dental braces to straighten your teeth, let's discuss what dental braces actually are and how it works?
Dental Braces (Also Called Orthodontic Brackets) Are Mainly Used To Straighten Our Teeth, Fill The Gaps Between Teeth. It Also Helps Full In Aligning The Misaligned Teeth. Various Kinds Of Dental Braces Are Available In The Market, And It Is Suitable For All Age Groups.
How Does Dental Braces Work?
Dental braces are attached to the teeth, using an adhesive for each tooth. Each bracket contains a slot through which a metal wire passes, called an orthodontic wire. This wire is linked with each bracket using a rubber tie; this ensures that the wire is connected to each of the teeth through the bracket. The tension of the wire is transferred to each of your teeth, which results in the movement of your teeth in the desired direction or angulation.
Now coming back to our main topic, "How Long do braces take to straighten teeth."
The average time taken by the braces to straighten the teeth is 1 to 3 years. But you may need it for a shorter and longer duration of time, depending upon your circumstances. So we suggest you consult the best dentist in Gurgaon to understand better the time taken by the dental braces to straighten your teeth.
But several factors can alter the time required to straighten your teeth. Below we've elaborated these factors in detail, which are
#1. How Crooked Your Teeth Are?
The common reason to wear braces is that their teeth are crowded, stick out, or are spaced too far away. If you have these issues, consult an expert dentist in your area in Gurgaon and get proper treatment to avoid cavities, gum-related diseases, and enamel erosion. The time required for teeth correction may vary based on the severity of these conditions. For example, teeth alignment may involve teeth removal to make more room in your mouth.
#2. Your Bite
Yes, bite also play a role in how long you are supposed to wear the dental braces?
But before we talk about how your bite alters the time required to straighten your teeth using dental braces, let us talk about what a bite is?
Bite is defined as how your top and bottom teeth align. Your bite may not line up the way it should, so you may need treatment for any of the below-listed bite type
- Open bite- In this, your top and bottom teeth don't touch each other, even if your mouth is fully closed.
- Deep bite- In this condition, there is an excessive overlap between the upper and lower front when the jaw is closed
- Underbite- In this condition, your lower teeth extend outward farther than the upper front teeth
- Crossbite- In this condition, your teeth are not properly aligned when the mouth is closed properly
Note- Aligning your bite using dental braces may take longer time than usual
#3. Types Of Braces
Which dental braces does your dentist suggest also, tell that how much time you need to wear the dental braces? Below we've listed various types of dental braces and the time required to correct teeth.
- Metal braces- It involves brackets that are mainly attached to each tooth. It is threaded with the metal wire which connects each bracket. Your dentist tightens these wires every week to slowly align your teeth desirably. Metal braces are mostly used when some serious alignment is needed. This type of brace may take time between 5 months to a few years.
- Clear Aligners- It is a removable, clear, plastic-like trays that your dentist may change weekly as your teeth shift. You can remove this try to clean your teeth, but the dentist recommends must wear this almost all-day
- Lingual Braces- This is also a metal brace glued behind your teeth. They are more effective and more compared to metal braces or clear aligners
#4. Additional Orthodontic Tool
Your orthodontic treatment may involve more than braces which can affect the length of your treatment. Some common additional orthodontic tools are
Rubber band- it is attached to braces to treat jaw alignment
Palatal expanders- it is fit into your mouth by using gentle force to widen your jaw. Mostly prescribed for children who are still growing
Headgear- it is a device that you wear over your head or on your face. It connects your braces if your jaw alignment issues are complex
Note- You can't reduce the time you wear braces by making your own treatment decision for the tool. The time required to strengthen your teeth may increase if you fail to follow your dentist's instructions.
#5. Your Diet
This is also a crucial thing which you should consider. While orthodontic treatment, your dentist advises you on certain diets you should follow because it may help you get your desired result within a comparatively short time. But ignoring your dentist's diet could affect how long you have to wear dental braces.
These factors may alter the time required to strengthen your teeth by using braces, so the expert dentist at White Lily Dental suggests you take proper advice and then proceed with the orthodontic treatment.
Apart from this, there are a few things that you should consider and some adaptations to your lifestyle; some of these are mentioned below
- Visit your dentist regularly for the dental braces adjustment
- Follow all your dentist instructions for the clear aligner and appliances
- See your dentist every 6 months for the cleaning process
We hope now “How Long Do Braces Take To Straighten Teeth?” is clearly understood by you. In case of any doubt and clarification, consult with the best dentist at White Lily Dental and clear all your doubts.
To Consult With White Lily Dental Clinic Expert, You Can Either Visit The Clinic At Sector 69 Or Sector 83. You Can Also Make A Call At @97-118-11272 Or @92-892-88848.
Leave a Comment